COPYRIGHT, PLEASE NOTE
All the material on this website is copyrighted to J-P Metsavainio, if not otherwise stated. Any content on this website may not be reproduced without the author’s permission.
Saturday, April 5, 2014
Since I don't have any equipment to continue my imaging work, I have organized my image archives. This time I made an image collection out of the planetary nebulae imaged by me. I'm trying to show here, how large they appear to be in the sky. There is an image of the Moon as a scale in the posters. The Moon has an angular diameter of about 30 arc minutes, that's equal to 0,5 degrees. I have made a similar poster out of the supernova remnants, it can be seen HERE.
A collection of planetary nebulae as a poster
Click for a full resolution image
A collection of very large planetary nebulae as a poster
Click for a full resolution image. Please, read the NOTE under the image!
A friend of mine, Sakib Rasool, contacted me for this posters. There is an error in second one.
Sh2-223 is actually an emission nebula. You can read a paper about it here: http://www.aanda.org/articles/aa/abs/2006/29/aa4881-06/aa4881-06.html
For more information about palnetary nebulae: http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_nebula
All images are emission line images shot with a Baader narrowband filter set, cooled astronomical camera QHY and Meade LX200 GPS.
- NGC 246, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.fi/2010/10/planetary-nebula-ngc-246.html
- Messier 97, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.fi/2013/03/owl-nebula-messier-97.html
- IC 5150, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.fi/2010/07/ic-5150-planetary-nebula.html
- Jones-Emberson 1, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.fi/2013/03/jones-emberson-1-palnetary-nebula.html
- Cat eye Nebula, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.fi/2011/01/cats-eye-nebula-reprocessed.html
- Jones 1, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.fi/2010/11/jones-1-extreme-dim-planetary-nebula.html
- Messier 76, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.fi/2010/11/m-76-little-dumbbell-nebula.html
- Bug Nebula, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.fi/2010/07/ngc-6302-bug-nebula.html
- Sharpless 188, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.fi/2010/11/sh2-188-project-finalized.html
- Ring Nebula, M57, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.fi/2010/10/m57-ring-nebula-project-finalized.html
- Messier 27, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.fi/2012/12/messier-27-dumbbell-nebula.html
- Sharpless 274, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.fi/2011/02/medusa-nebula-sh2-271-project-finalized.html
- Helix Nebula, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.fi/2010/06/helix-nebula-with-some-new-photons.html
- Sharpless 129 and OU4, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.fi/2013/12/a-start-of-new-project-cepheus-mosaic.html
- Sharpless 223, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.fi/2009/04/sh2-223-224-and-225-lightened-up.html NOTE. actually this is an emission nebula, not a planetary one.
- Sharpless 216, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.fi/2011/02/sh2-216-project-finalized.html
- A PN in NGC 1499, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.fi/2011/06/ngc-1499-california-nebula-reprocessed.html
- PuWe 1, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.fi/2011/03/puwe1-planetary-nebula-project.html