COPYRIGHT, PLEASE NOTE

All the material on this website is copyrighted to J-P Metsavainio, if not otherwise stated. Any content on this website may not be reproduced without the author’s permission.

Have a visit in my portfolio

Monday, November 21, 2011

Pre publishing a small sample of Cygnus mosaic


Final publication tomorrow.


A small part from an eight panel mosaic of Cygnus Nebula area.

This is kind of pre publishing for a large work, I have finalized an eight panel mosaic from the grand nebula of Cygnus constellation. I have finally tamed my super fast camera optics, Canon EF 200mm f1.8. Stars are now absolute pinpoints from edge to edge! I't wasn't an easy task, it took hundreds of iterations to match the CCD  planar to the optical path at accuracy of fraction of microns . Yes, that's the needed accuracy, I almost gave up many times.

An other area from the grande mosaic of Cygnus.

Final publication tomorrow.



No comments: