COPYRIGHT, PLEASE NOTE

All the material on this website is copyrighted to J-P Metsavainio, if not otherwise stated. Any content on this website may not be reproduced without the author’s permission.

Have a visit in my portfolio

Saturday, November 19, 2011

A mosaic from Butterfly to the "Cirrus" area of Cygnus



Nebulae
in constellation Cygnus

A two panel mosaic, bicolor composition from H-alpha (Red) and O-III (Green & Blue).
This combination is very close to a visual spectrum.

A two panel mosaic of H-alpha emission alone.

I noticed, that my two projects, Cirrus of Cygnus and Butterfly to Crescent, are partly overlapping.
I will shoot couple of more panels to build a six panel mosaic from this area, when ever the weather allows me to do so...
I wen trough my raw images for Butterfly to Crescent project and I noticed, there was a one O-III frame usable, others was destroyed by speeding clouds. I processed the O-III frame and made a bicolor mosaic composition at top.


Technical details:

Processing work flow:
Image acquisition, MaxiDL v5.07.
Stacked and calibrated in CCDStack2.
Deconvolution with a CCDStack2 Positive Constraint, 33 iterations, added at 40% weight
Levels, curves and color combine in PS CS3.

Optics, Canon EF 200mm camera lens at f1.8
Camera, QHY9
Image Scale, ~5 arcseconds/pixel
Guiding, Meade LX200 GPS 12" and a Lodestar guider
Filter, Baader 7nm H-alpha and Baader O-III 8,5nm

Exposures for two panels,
Panel 1(Left), 
H-a, 6x600s Binned 1x1
O-III, 1x300s Binned 2x2
Panel 2(Right), 
H-a, 4x900s Binned 1x1
O-III, 6x300s Binned 3x3




No comments: