COPYRIGHT, PLEASE NOTE
All the material on this website is copyrighted to J-P Metsavainio, if not otherwise stated. Any content on this website may not be reproduced without the author’s permission.
Saturday, June 4, 2011
While making scale studies from various objects, I did make some new panoramas from archived images.
I will publish some of them as an individual images, comments and suggestions are welcome.
Panorama, from IC 1396, the "Elephant's Trunk Nebula" to the Sh2-129
In constellation Cepheus
Natural color composition from the emission of ionized elements, R=80%Hydrogen+20%Sulfur, G=100%Oxygen and B=85%Oxygen+15%Hydrogen to compensate otherwise missing H-beta emission. Star colors are mixed from the NB channels, Red=H-a, G=O-III and B= 85%O-III + 15%H-a.This composition is very close to a visual spectrum.
There are two individual images used to make this panoramic image:
- IC 1396, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.com/2011/01/ic-1396-reprocessed.html
- Sharpless 129, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.com/2008/03/sh2-129.html
- some data from newer image of Sh2-129, http://astroanarchy.blogspot.com/2011/01/sh2-129-reprocessed.html
Technical details for the images above
Sh2-129 Imaging data:
Optics: Canon FD 200mm f2.8 lens with full aperature
- Camera: QHY8
- Platform and guiding: LX200 GPS 12" with QHY5 guider and PHD-guiding
- Exposures: 6 x 1800s H-alpha +4 x 600s RGB + Flats and Bias frames, no darks
- Filter: Baader 7nm H-alp + IDAS LP for RGB
IC 1396 Imaging data:
Filters, Baader 7nm H-alpha, Baader 8,5nm O-III and Baader 8nm S-II
-Optics, Tokina AT-X 300mm @ f2.8
-Exposures, 7X 1200s H-alpha, 8 X 1200 O-III and 3X1200s S-II + flats and bias
Guiding, LX200 GPS 12" + PHD-guiding and Lodestar