COPYRIGHT, PLEASE NOTE

All the material on this website is copyrighted to J-P Metsavainio, if not otherwise stated. Any content on this website may not be reproduced without the author’s permission.

Have a visit in my portfolio

Sunday, February 21, 2010

IC 443, project continues

H-alpha channel


H-alpha channel in false color ( It emits Red light at wavelength of 656,28 nm.)

This winter has been very cloudy, up here 65N. Those few clear nights has been very cold, temperatur has dopped to -30 celsius at many nights. I have used every oportunity to shoot various target, even though extereme low temperature does no good to my equipment nor me.

Now I have collected as much H-a light to this Supernova remnant as I could. I have had, ones again, many problems with my scope and other eguipments doe the weather and other various reasons.
In previous post, there is this target with less than two hours of exposure time, now I have shot much more exposures to have higher S/N. This will need even more time, but this season is not long enough for that and I'll like to shoot O-III and S-II channels too to make a narrowband color composition out of them.

Here is a wider field IC 443, from February 2009, imaged with a Tokina AT-X 300mm camera optics:
Technical details;

Telescope, Meade LX200 GPS 12" @ f5
Camera, QHY9
Guiding, SXV-AO @ 7Hz
Image Scale, 0,75 arcseconds/pixel
-
Exposures:
H-alpha 18x1200s, binned 1x1 + 14 x 1200s, binned 2x2, Flats. Bias and Darks
Total exposuretime for H-alpha is about eleven hours.

No comments: