COPYRIGHT, PLEASE NOTE

All the material on this website is copyrighted to J-P Metsavainio, if not otherwise stated. Any content on this website may not be reproduced without the author’s permission.

Have a visit in my portfolio

Thursday, March 14, 2019

All of my photos taken with the Celestron Edge 11" telescope and 0.7 reducer for the Edge scope



Well served Celestron Edge 11" telescope went back the Celestron seller. They borrowed it to me back in 2014 and make possible to me to continue my imaging work. It was a great instrument, especially equipped with the Celestron 0.7 reducer for the Edge telescope. This system was able to cover the large CCD in Apogee alta U16 camera. The field of view was about one square degree and the image scale was optimal to my conditions, about 1 arc second per pixel. I'll publish later a collection of images taken with this combo.
With this setup, I got three APOD images published by NASA.


My photos from Autumn season 2014 to Spring season 2019
You really should click the image to see it at full size, 4000 x 6000 pixels and 20MB

All of my photos from 2014 to 2019 are taken from my city center observatory. Celestron Edge 11" telescope, 0.7 reducer for the Edge telescope, 10-Micron mount, Apogee alta U16 camera and the Astrodon narrowband filters, H-alpha 5nm, S-II 3nm and O-III 3nm.
large images in this poster are my mosaic image projects. Single frame from the camera is square with 4048 x 4048 pixels. Largest mosaic has 20 frames and about 200 hours of exposures.


I'm now looking for a new instrument to replace the well served 11" Celestron. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I've been following your work for a long time, and wanted to thank you for your tone mapping technique!
I also had a question: Do you still own the Canon 200mm f/1.8? If so, would you consider using it again?
Cheers, Nico Carver