COPYRIGHT, PLEASE NOTE

All the material on this website is copyrighted to J-P Metsavainio, if not otherwise stated. Any content on this website may not be reproduced without the author’s permission.

Have a visit in my portfolio

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

M81 experiment

This image pair is not a stereo one.
On the Left image, M81 galaxy is as we see it from our home planet.
On the Right image, M81 is seen from directly above!
I was doing stereo pair from Glaxy M81 and I needed to correct the galaxy to "flat" (perspective correction) The shape of the galaxy is more visible by that way, I think. Anyhow funny looking transform. I can now make a grayscale hight map out of this corrected image. When corrected bitmap is projected back to the 3D surface, I have a model of galaxy. Now it's possible to freely rotate the object and selext any vantage point to observe.

No comments: